So I haven’t blogged for a while. I might be losing my mo-jo. I read my earlier posts and they were some funny shit. Lately my posts are just depressing. And this one is about how I am becoming an older person. Here goes.
Signs you are a single person no longer in your early 2os:
- The thought of not being in bed by 11pm at night scares you. When you get a dinner invite you need to do the maths in your head to make sure you are in bed in order to get your 8 hours.
- Your limit for alcohol is 1 standard drink. Okay 2 max. Don’t even think about the 3rd one.
- Your idea of sleeping in is sleeping till 8am. After that you can try as much as you want but you’ll likely end up tossing and turning in bed for an hour contemplating life.
- Catching up with your friends (if you are single), entails listening to tales of marriage, in-laws and babies, even though you have no way to relate to them, so you sit there thinking of all the ways to kill yourself with the fork on the table. Maybe that 3rd drink isn’t such a bad idea.
- The bulk of your favourite songs were released around 10 or more years ago.
- You seriously contemplate (or start eating) oats as your breakfast cause they are better for your health. Doesn’t matter that they taste like wet sawdust.
There is a silver lining though, the biggest sign that you are getting older is the best, you stop giving a shit. Seriously, you stop worrying about what other think and start concentrating on you and the people that matter.