Now that the work craziness of the last 6 weeks or so has finally wound down a notch here are a few things going on in my head:
- As a add-on to last night’s post, here’s a thought on weddings. I went to a wedding reception recently that had a /beach,coast theme. Most weddings in general have an overall idea/theme to them, but let’s face it, when it boils down to it don’t all weddings have the same core theme? If you think I am going to say love, all I can say is, oh you poor innocent thing. The theme of all weddings these days if you ask me seem to be clichés. Why don’t people just be honest with themselves and put that on the wedding invite? I still want to be a wedding planner though :p
- My new boss – not sure if he’s just in the warming up stage or being annoying. I really miss my old boss. She was an amazing manager. Every misogynistic idiot who has told me that males bosses are better than females ones couldn’t be more wrong. I think it will be very hard for me to get a boss who is better than the one who left last month.
- Speaking of gender equality, the women’s world cup is going on now. I wouldn’t blame you though if you didn’t know that. There’s news about the Welsh team in bloody in the Euro qualifiers but not even a mention of the women’s world cup. Come on, the Welsh team winning their group stage qualifying match is bigger sports news than the entire FIFA women’s world cup? I am not expecting like full blown coverage like the men’s competition because I am a realist, but at least a mention in the sports news? We so much further away from gender equality than I imagined. And I already thought we had a very long way to go.
- I watched a re-run of SNL earlier. Leslie Jones was on the Weekend Update segment talking about being single, can’t find the clip though to upload here. Its from season 40 episode 1. I like her. She’s a fellow Virgo, she gets it. Can’t wait for Ghostbuster’s to come out.
- Less than 6 months to Europe! Yay!
My work team of 5 people is going to be down to 3 soon. One of my colleagues got promoted. Wish me luck.